Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) is a vendor neutral certification program that has been designed to prove that professionals have the knowledge and skills needed to understand and support Basel III compliance.
Basel Certification for Professionals (Certified Basel iii Professional(CBP)) can benefit employees, consultants and organizationsEmployees and Consultants
Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) provides Consultants, IT and Information Security Directors, Managers and Professionals, Chief Risk and Compliance Officers, Process Owners, Network, System and Security Administrators with the following benefits:
- Earn more money: Several recent salary surveys reveal the power of certification to boost income. These surveys show certified professionals earn more money than non-certified professionals, as their skills grow and can command a higher paycheque.
- Better position: Certification is important when being considered for a promotion or other career opportunities. You give the necessary assurance that you have the knowledge and skills to accept more responsibility.
- Better job: It will be easier to move into more desirable positions. This certification will differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- Establishes professional credentials: Certification is an advantage on your resume, serving as a third-party endorsement to your knowledge and experience. Certification and training listed on your resume demonstrates your ability and your desire to stay current.
Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) provides organizations with the following benefits:
- Independent evidence: The Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) certification serves as independent evidence that you have the skills required to understand and support any BASEL III compliance project.
- Job satisfaction: Certified employees are more satisfied and more productive than their non-certified counterparts.
- COSO and COBIT frameworks: A Basel certification is not just one more class. It is a vital part of the compliance project and will satisfy the requirements of the COSO and COBIT control frameworks.
- Due care: Certified professionals will greatly assist employers in being able to construct a viable Basel compliance program, and to prove that they exercise due care.
A candidate is given two hours to complete a 80 question multiple-choice exam.
A candidate must score 70% or higher.
The price for the Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) exam is USD$ 495.00
Once you have purchased the exam your login details will be valid for a period 3 months. Once the 3 months is up you will have to purchase the examination again.
Answer: No, it is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. You will probably need to prepare before taking this exam. Self-study is an alternative, but classroom training can provide the fast track to certification readiness.
Answer: See Training and Testing Centres.
Answer: None, although to fully understand the material and pass the exam, most candidates need a minimum of four years of full-time IT and/or security professional work experience. No Basel experience is required.
Answer: The certification is valid for three years.
Answer: The Certified Basel iii Professional (CBP) exam will cover the following areas:
- The Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
- First Basel Capital Accord
- The New Basel Capital Accord (Basel III)
- Framework for internal control systems in banking organizations – Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- What is Operational Risk?
- Operational Risk Approaches
- Third Party Service Providers
- Basel ii and Other Regulations